Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Estes Park Adventure

As if arriving back in COS at 11:30pm (after 3 weeks of travel) wasn't bad enough...Jasmine, Matt and I woke up at 6:30am, put our bikes together, loaded them in the USOC van, grabbed some breakfast chow, and headed off to Estes Park to the Junior Triathlon Camp. Most of the 3 hour drive I spent sprawled out in the seat taking another well needed nap. We got a little lost on the way, nothing a stop at the Visitor's Center can't solve...they redirected us to the big YMCA camp where the USA Triathlon Junior Camp was taking place. We spent the day with about 40 future pros...we talked to them about our race results...we went on a bike ride (I worked with a group of young ladies on pace-line skills)...we did a Q&A session...then we ate lunch with the group and headed home.
I was really lucky to be able to talk to these kids...I was exactly in their shoes a few years ago...it was fun to remember goign to Tri camp and learning all the great stuff that I use in my races now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home