Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday Recap

I was all done with my training for today by 3pm…but don’t think that means it was easy or short! I started at 8am with a 3 hour bike ride around Colorado Springs keeping an up-tempo pace the whole time. As soon as I got back to the training center I had to quickly change into my running gear and head out on a 20 minute run at race pace (on the treadmill, 4x3 min @ 10K pace w/2 min recovery). After grabbing a quick shower and lunch, I headed to the pool for swim practice…it was an intense session in the water with 75% at race pace (800pull hard, 4x300@3:20; 5x200@2:15)! In summary: I am TIRED and looking forward to relaxing for the rest of the day by watching a movie, reading a book, or doing some arts and crafts.
Yesterday, Jasmine and I bought some simple watercolor paints and special paper. I will be the first to admit that my painting skills are pretty low…but I made an attempt at a blue parrot in flight and it turned out okay:)! Next on my list is a flower or something else nature-y! I’ve also been playing with origami paper that I brought back from Japan…my desk is covered in random folded paper (lots of birds and flowers and a few frogs).
Tomorrow we have a huge group of Girl Scouts coming on to the campus and I have volunteered to be one of the athletes that talks to them…I’m not entirely sure what to say, but I can’t go wrong with encouragement and positive stories.
Check out the article on Slowtwitch.com about the American Triathlon development group and our great results at World Champs…they mention me a bit:)! "The Pipeline"

1 Comments:

Blogger saurav said...

great post....keep it up...

6:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home