Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dustin=Genius! (as if we all didn't already know that)

The other day I was just sitting at my computer, putting new songs onto my iPod Shuffle like I always do, and somehow I managed to completely screw the whole thing up! I think I might have pulled it out of the computer before it was completely ‘updated’. But the main point is…it no longer played music! I was so mad at myself…I love my Shuffle, it’s great to run with, and it was a birthday present from my brother last year.
Of course I went onto the Apple website, searched through their support articles, tried everything they suggested…but NOTHING worked…I even formatted the darn thing (not a good idea…actually the WORST idea when it comes to iPods). So basically, I turned my music player into a new 1GB external storage device…it was now holding computer files just fine:(
I called my brother, left him a sad message about how sorry I was about destroying his b-day present and how upset I was. The funniest part of this whole story (well, funny to me at least) was when he called back, he was sincerely worried because he couldn’t understand what I had destroyed in the message I left on his phone! When I told him it was my Shuffle, he was a little mad that he called back so fast with so much concern:)!
Anyways…I made him (the computer wizard) give me some suggestions for fixing my iPod. I had already tried some of the things he suggested…but I tried them again. Unfortunately, my computer still would not recognize that there was an iPod plugged into the computer (big problem when you want to transfer music from one to the other!). So I called Dustin back, told him “thanks for the help”, apologized again, and was saying “goodbye” when he mentioned a very random idea.
“Sara, don’t you have your new laptop with you?” I said that I did, and it was set up with iTunes, but I had never plugged my shuffle into it. “See what happens if you plug it into the laptop,” he said. So I turned on the computer, plugged in the iPod, had NO hopes of anything happening…but would you believe that the thing suddenly started updating songs! I was literally jumping up and down all over my room…it was a very exciting moment:)!
It’s now like 11:30pm in Florida…of course I call Dustin to tell him the GREAT news, and thank him a hundred times for the brilliance that is contained between his ears! It’s so nice to have a genius as a close family member…I’m beginning to see the benefits of this! Hahaha
Basically, the point of all this is that my hour run on Wednesday was not torture because I had my magic little music player with me…pumping out the jams! I love my little brother…THANKS DUSTIN:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home