Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, March 10, 2006

?Warm? California

What is going on?! It's like freezing here in Chula Vista! I packed for typical warm California weather, same as we had last year at this time...but we arrive at the OTC in Chula and it's been cold and windy every day. The sun tries to shine through the cloud layer every morning, it might make it through for a few hours, but then it goes back to being cold...usually when we start our bike rides!
Other than the weather crisis...its so nice to be back in Chula, everything is just how we left it! The roads are nice for riding, the hills are still as hard to climb as always, the trails are great for running (even better this year because Southern Cali is having a drought, not a flood like last year) and the pool is outdoors in the sunshine!
Tomorrow, the 11th, we are going to run a 10K race...I'm excited to run it and see how my running has improved in a year. I can't actually compare a time to the 10k from last year because I didn't actually finish (I had to help my teammate who had an ashma attack). I've already warned her that I'm not stopping this year:)!
Other than that...just hanging out, training, getting tan, hoping that the weather is nice tomorrow afternoon because we have plans to go surfing!! Maggie...my teammate from the lifesaving competition...has promised to take us somewhere with nice waves to practice on! I will keep you posted on the run race results and the surfing update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home