Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, May 08, 2006

My Brain Hurts

Anybody want to take my final exam in Statistics for MBA? Anybody?? PLEASE?!
Just kidding, I would never cheat…seriously!
I’m finally reading and studying the last chapter of information and then all I have to complete is the final exam. It is due on Sunday, May 14th…Mother’s Day…and the day I’m racing in Honolulu, Hawaii! So I guess that means I will have to finish the test BEFORE the 14th…preferably before I depart for Hawaii (Wednesday morning at 4:45am from the OTC!) so that I don’t have to carry all my heavy book, notebook, and computer with me.
I will be carrying my computer with me no matter what…that’s the reason I bought it…so that I can keep in touch with everyone no matter where I am in the world.
It’s funny to think about this trip because even though it’s such a long flight over a big ocean…I’m actually still going to be in the USA. I keep wanting to pack my electrical plug converter, certain foods that I like, my passport, and other things that are a necessity when traveling this far away from home.
So far, the start list for the race only has 12-13 women entered. Most are from the USA with a few others from Canada. It’s not a big race (like a World Cup) but there are still ITU points up for grabs, prize money, and of course the prestige of winning a race. Hawaii is also the first team race in 2006 for the USA Triathlon U23 team. We have most of the team attending (one girl is not able to attend because of school) and we are going to practice our team tactics in the race (drafting, blocking, waiting, pulling though…those are all examples of how we can help our teammates in the race…mostly on the swim and bike because once the run starts, it is a ‘free-for-all’ to the finish line).
ALOHA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home