Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Statistics for Business Majors...The Conclusion!

What a difference one test score can make! I was looking forward to holding onto a solid “B” grade in my statistics class with an average score on the final. If I bombed the final exam, I could potentially be looking at a “C”. But I definitely didn’t think that I would ROCK the final so hard that I would bring my overall grade in to the “A” range!!
I sat down the night before we departed for Hawaii and did all the computations that required help from my text book and my binder of notes. I saved everything on my computer and only took a few necessary pieces of paper that had the test questions and correct statistics terms. During the flight to Hawaii and a few hours in my hotel room in Honolulu, I typed up my final exam report. I made sure that everything was pretty, very colorful, very explanative, and thorough.
Good thing the hotel had wireless internet access in the lobby so that I could submit my exam to the professor in time (due date was Sunday, I was actually EARLY with my submission on Friday!). A few days after we got back to Colorado Springs, I thought about checking to see if grades were posted…much to my surprise, they were posted and I was actually happy with the overall result. For the actual final exam, I aced it with 296 points out of a possible 300 which brought my total percent up to 90.4%!
So, one class down, more classes than I want to think about to go until I actually have a MBA…but starting with an A is not too shabby if I do say so myself (tooting my own horn here:)! Now, if anyone gets the great idea to ask me to perform a real statistical problem…you have NOT been paying attention for the last 4 months! But if you want me to write up a really pretty report from the results of the statistical problem, I’m really good at that…I just couldn’t find that class description when I was registering in January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home