Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Moon = Cheese

It appears that the moon is made of cheese...because I'm in my hotel room in Atlanta and freely connected to the internet!! Thanks Holiday Inn Express:)
My flight this morning was uneventful. I slept for about 2 hours and then enjoyed the personal TVs in every seat on the Song/Delta plane. It's been a while since I've flown anything but United...I'm thinking they need personal TVs in every seat!!
I was picked up at the airport by David, another IronKids volunteer and we drove about 30 minutes outside of the big city to the small town of Alpharetta, GA where the race site is located.
It was sooo nice to see Jnet again (she's the creator of the IronKids races!!)...she was waiting at the hotel and then we went to lunch at Atlanta Bread Company (fitting for the city we are right outside of).
With a full belly and plenty of energy from sitting all morning, I spent the next two hours stuffing race bags...it was an assembly line of volunteers putting all the race numbers, pins, t-shirts, and schwag into each racer's goodie bag.
The pool was right next door and I tried to get in for a swim workout...but the pool was going to close in 10 minutes at 5pm. Fortunately, it's going to open back up at 7:15pm...so that's where I'll be for about an hour tonight.
A lot of my teammates from the OTC departed yesterday or early this morning for the World Cup this weekend in Edmonton, Canada...Jasmine, Hunter, Joe, Brian, Haven, etc. They are all going to kick butt in the race because we've all been rocking at training sessions! You can watch the race live online at ITU's website. They race on Sunday...the women start at 1:15pm (Mountain Time) and the men start at 3:30pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home