Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Live From Hamburg

Just a quick update…I arrived in Hamburg, Germany this morning. It was a short flight from Frankfurt. I officially checked out of the Sembach Air Force base…it was a great place to stay and train and I’m so glad that I was offered the opportunity! Thanks USAT!
Jasmine and I forgot to get hotel reservations in Hamburg until the last minute…so the host hotel was completely full (thanks to the 6,500 age-group competitors competing in the race on Sunday morning). But I did manage to find a reasonably priced hotel just down the road from the race site…and I’m sitting in our room right now on the free internet watching German MTV.
Tomorrow morning we are getting up around 8am…eating at the free breakfast buffet…riding over to meet some other USA athletes at the host hotel…biking the course…relaxing before going for some open water swimming…and finally, cheering for the men’s race at 3:00 in the afternoon!
After all those events, it will be time to come back to this room and relax and get mentally and physically prepared for my own race on Sunday…2:30pm start (which will be broadcast live on the internet at 8:30am Eastern Standard Time at www.triathon.org).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home