Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

TLC @ Home

Drove home yesterday after practice...had Dustin talking to keep me awake! Got to see the cats and Angel was chirpping like crazy when we drove in. First thing I found was my new phone...I can call you from anywhere in the world (except Japan and South Korea...weirdos). Switching all the numbers in my phone book and learning how to use a new phone is always a long process so I'm still working on that.
Dad is helping me start planning for post-graduation...like getting insurance for myself (hopefully I wont ever need it) and a credit card (that I actually have to pay).
This morning I went on a great ride with Rachel and Dad. We met up at the K-Mart and went about 27 miles. It was great to chat and catch up on what she's been up to...she's heading out to the Chula Vista OTC in December for a biking camp so she can tell me all about it.
Right now...the master plan is to train at home in December and January...then head out to Chula Vista in February or March. Although the chat I had with Coach Troy the other day, where he wanted me to swim for another 4 years, was very tempting and all...I still think I'm going to be a triathlete for 2005 and see how it goes.
I'm excited to talk to Darien's coach in South Africa and see if they want to fly me back down there in Feburary to do a mile open water swim (there's some prize money). But if the country is as beautiful as everyone says it is...it would be an honor to see more of it...under less pressure than the World Cup will be.
Speaking of the World Cup...I think I will be arriving in Durban about 20 hours before the meet starts...lots of time to acclimate!
Oh yeah...Dad made homemade chocolate chip cookies last night...I think they are calling my name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home