Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Pre-Race Prep

It's Thursday night...we are all ready to go, bikes are loaded, bags are packed, bottles are filled...tomorrow morning (at the crack of dawn) my family and I are heading out for St. Pete, FL.
No, the St. Anthony's triathlon race isn't tomorrow...we are just heading over early for training and work related reasons. First, we are going to get there before the mid-day Florida heat kicks in and ride the bike race course. Then my parents have workworking stuff to install in a house not far from the race (it's the house of none other than my Ironkids-triathlon-career-arch-rival Jamie Weiler!:) After all that is done, we are heading back to jog the run course and have a short swim session in the pool. The day will be topped off with a spaghetti dinner hosted by the race people (which we have never been in St. Pete early enough to enjoy!)
After a good sleep at the Holiday Inn...more rest is on the schedule for Saturday. Maybe a light jog, a spin out on the bike, and a fun dip in the bay...but a majority of relaxation, some browsing at the expo, maybe working at the Speedo tent, checking in for our race gear, attending the pro meeting (yea), and dinner on the pier with friends. (Actually now that I write all that out, Saturday doesn't seem very relaxing:)
Sunday is the big day. I'm looking forward to being on the start line with some of my biggest idols. Jones, Smyers, Lindquist, Williams, Bennett...WOW! I know that the results will probably be in my favor for the first 1/3 of the race, but my goal is to have a successful finish of the ENTIRE race...swim, bike, AND run!
I will try to write a race report as soon as I return to the vicinity of my computer...but if anyone out there is really interested...you can probably find some results soon after the race at: http://www.satriathlon.com/ (click on 'Race Results':)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home