Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Packages...finally!

I think the front desk was hoarding my packages...I kept expecting things in the mail...and I wasn't getting them. And then yesterday I look in the Triathlon mail box and I have 4 slips for packages! I was so excited...and bogged down trying to carry them back to my room!
From the first box, I need to send a 'Thanks' to Dad and Dustin who mailed me a few things from home. Dustin sent me some DVD movies that I 'checked out' from his LARGE library of movies...and portable DVD player that he got from SECs...too cool! Now I can watch movies when I'm traveling! I also got a roll of packing tape in the box...hum?! Maybe that's a hint to send something back!?
The second box was filled with goggle straps that I ordered...somehow as a swimmer I end up with 10 pairs of goggles and one strap! (It's like the conundrum of 10 hotdogs in a pack and 8 buns in a pack!) I sat here before dinner and but together 4 pairs of goggles...I'm ready for swimming now:)!
Box number 3 was from my Aunt Jan...who also gets a 'Thanks' for the books that she sent. I LOVE to read (who doesn't know that) and I look forward to starting them.
But before I start her books...I am currently reading what came in box number 4 from Barnes and Noble...the entire set of books in the series...The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galexy!! I am so excited to read them and then go watch the movie...which looks really good!
Speaking of movies...I watched Oceans 12 last night...one of the DVDs I 'rented' from Dustin. And on Sunday I watch the Interpreter in the movie theater with some friends...it was a really good movie and I would suggest it to anyone!
Other than that...I have been training hard out here...my body is getting more acclimated to the elevation. I ran a great set at Red Rock Canyon today...about 2 minutes faster than I was runing the loop last week (and much fewer stars were dancing infront of my eyes because I remembered water this time!) After morning swim practice I rode the Escape from Alcatraz course on the Computrainer (indoor bike w/computer for those who don't understand triathon talk). It was really hilly but I had a good time and I can't wait to do it in real life at the race in San Francisco on June 12!
Alas...it is late...I will report more from Colorado Springs at a later date!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home