Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, July 11, 2005

One Really LONG Day

Sunday, 9:00am....NYC Pro Women Triathlon start
11:03am...I finish the race in 11th place
12:00pm...awards are presented, I cheer for all the USA people on the podium
12:30pm...I say good-bye to my parents in Central Park
1:00pm...I'm in my room at the YMCA packing my bike into my bike box, shove my clothes into my rolling bag and say 'bye' to all my teammates and coach
2:30pm...grab bike box, rolling bag and backpack and head down to the lobby
3:00pm...get on shuttle to airport with Libby (USATri National Teams Director)
3:30pm...I get dropped off at the Delta terminal for my 5:30pm flight to Boston, walk inside with all my stuff, wait in line, then find out I'm in the WRONG terminal and have to take a bus to the right one
4:00pm...I'm finally at the right terminal with all my bags, check my bags all the way to Lake Placid, pay $25 to get my bike on the plane, get moved to the 4:30pm flight because there are seats available
4:10pm...as I'm about to walk through security I see a Delta Rep looking at the bag tag on my bike box, I head back to the counter to see what is wrong, she tells me that Delta does not fly to Lake Placid and when I get to Boston I have to pick up my bags and go to a different terminal to check in with Continental
4:20pm...I board the plane to Boston, sit down and fall asleep
5:30pm...wake up when the plane pulls into the gate, locate my bags in bag check and find the bus that will take me to the other terminal
6:00...check in at Continental, I am told that my bike box might be too big to fit in the plane, I am charged $80 anyways
6:30...finally have time to sit down and have meal, by this point I was starving!!
7:30pm...board the smallest commercial plane I have ever been on, fly to the Lake Placid airport which is the smallest commercial airport I have ever been to
9:30pm...land in Lake Placid, get picked up by OTC van and head to the third USA Olympic Training Center that I have been to this year
10:00pm...get my room key at the front desk, drag my stuff to my room, fall asleep!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home