Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, September 30, 2005

The Colorado Springs OTC Open

It’s on like Donkey Kong! The time is set for high noon today! The location has been agreed upon and the cans are ready to be opened!
What???:)
My coach, Denny, and I have a tennis match planned for today! I’ve been looking for people who play tennis out here and finally talked to Denny about it! I went yesterday to the courts to find a backboard…it’s been a LONG time since I’ve hit a tennis ball and I needed to make sure that I was still able to. After I hit on the backboard for a bit I was talking to an older gentleman on the courts and we ended up volleying for a few minutes. I had to cut it short because I needed to save some of my good shots for today:)!
This morning we drove down to the Colorado College swimming pool (like we have been for 2 weeks because the OTC pool is being drained) but ALL the doors were locked and no one was in the building…the entire school is on break and it’s all deserted!
I was SOOO depressed that I didn’t get to swim this morning…that threw my WHOLE season off…I’m done! (If you can’t hear the sarcasm dripping from that last sentence…you should read it again!!)
Now I’m off to Wal-Mart to pick up a few cans of balls and some laundry detergent. I will blog about the tennis match afterwards (you might need to give me a few hours for recovery time because I’m sure that Denny plans on running me all around the court:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home