Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Days Off are the BEST!

Last Monday, it was a day off of training. I spent some time at the beach with my friends. We attempted some surfing and hung out at a café. This Monday, today and also a day off of training, I went with some friends to Coronado Island to hang out, shop, and wander the streets. We had a yummy lunch at a café, sitting outside in the sun and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. Jessica was driving and we got to make a quick stop on the Naval base on Coronado Island. She took us into the Naval Exchange…cheap prices and no sales tax…unfortunately, you can only buy things if you have a Military ID:)!
We had to get back to the Training Center for some appointments in Sports Science. Me for a massage to work out a huge knot in my back, Jess for pain in her foot, Jaz…she’s fine. Now, we are all chilling in our room in front of the TV…I should be doing some work on my Stats class, though.
The second test of the class has been sent out...wish me luck…I have to turn it in by April 8th! It’s a take home test (so we get to use the book and all our notes) but that means all the questions are going to be even harder! I’m about 2 chapters behind in the class because the LAST thing I am motivated to do after a hard workout is read about statistics (ya think?).
This week is a bit of recovery in the training schedule. But there is still excitement…Barb Lindquist is coming in tomorrow to spend a week working with us. She’s scheduled for a bunch of talks, from ‘mental approach’ to ‘pre swim routine’ to ‘the business of being a pro’. Of course she’ll be training with us a bit, and coaching us a bit, and I just can’t wait to learn all I can from her. We each get a scheduled time for a one-on-one talk and one of the things I’m going to ask her is to look at my planned race schedule this year and let me know what she thinks. She’s raced on most of the courses and she will know which ones are the best for me (a strong swimmer like her). I will keep you posted on the info that she provides…or maybe not…I don’t want all my competition to know all the secrets from Barb!!
Other than all that…the countdown is 15 days until I depart for Japan to race in my first World Cup triathlon! I’ve got a roommate, Jenna Shoemaker (also my teammate on the U23 team)…and we sent our info to the Japan race organizers for a room. They also organize transportation to and from the airport for all the pros…thank goodness because my Japanese doesn’t go far past “please” and “thank you”:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home