Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday's Weekly Recap

The week since my race in San Francisco has passed so quickly. I got back to COS on Sunday night (actually Monday morning) and then got right back into everything on Monday. Training has been really good during the last couple of days.
We’ve pushed the pace in the pool everyday…on Friday we actually did some sprint relays and 100s for time! It was painful, but in a good way…all that lactic acid building up in your muscles so fast that you can barely make it from the 75meter mark into the wall with out drowning:)! I dove a 1:02.9…pretty slow if I was at Florida 2 years ago, but pretty good for being a triathlete in Colorado Springs!
Every day it’s been crazy windy…but that doesn’t stop us from hammering on the bike! On Saturday, around noon, a nice group of teammates and I headed out for a 2.5 hour ride. We rode up to the Air Force Academy and around the ‘loop’ with lots of hills. Too late we realized why it was so easy to get TO the academy…as soon as we made the turn to head back to the training center…we almost started going backwards into a 30mph+ headwind! Thank goodness for drafting and the 6 of us rotated our way home…rolling into the center at exactly 2.5 hours.
As for running…it’s taken the longest of all three sports to feel good since the Escape race. I had a few days early in the week when running was miserable (mental and physical). But on Friday, all the negative was erased as I was flying down the road during a tempo workout! And on Saturday, right after the bike ride, I felt great again during my transition run.
Other than the three main components of my life (swim, bike, run) I’ve been doing a few other things this week. I’m proud of the ‘spring cleaning’ I gave my room upon return from San Francisco! I’ve got a huge bag of clothes for the Goodwill…I just have to remember to drop it off at the building:)
I caught up on a ton of emails that I have been neglecting…always a good feeling because you know it sucks to wait for a reply from other people! And, of course, I’ve been posting photos like crazy on my blog!
After getting a reminder via snail-mail, I’ve looked into registering for next class for my MBA. It looks like its going to be something like “Government and Business” or “Economics”. Both don’t sound too exciting but since I already took classes with names like those at UF, I hope that I might remember something and be able to use it again!
I bought a pair of time trial aero-bars/handle bars from one of my teammates. I’m hoping to build myself a Time Trial bike for non-drafting triathlon races. I’ve got a frame and some spare parts lying around…of course a NEW, already BUILT, bike would be FANTASTIC, but we can all have dreams:).
Speaking of races, my next race is in Long Beach, California…it’s Pro and U23 National Championships on June 25th. Wish me luck for the next week of training leading up to this race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home