Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Prospect Lake Kids Tri Clinic

This morning started off with a great training session on the bike…we rode ‘out east’ for warm up and then did some 10 minute group efforts, in pace lines, taking one minute pulls. It was great to work with my teammates on a hard workout…Jaz, Jess, Sarah, and Sam were all strong on the ride. After a 30 minute section of effort on our own, we rode easy back to the OTC. It was H-O-T outside when we were riding (8:30 to 11am!) and I went through 3 bottles of water!
We all immediately went to the cafeteria for lunch because we were starving! Afterwards, I did a bit of computer work and then took a short nap in the middle of the day. At 3pm, when the rest of the team went to swim practice, I went to the gym for 30 minutes of strength and core work, followed by an easy 30 minute jog in the park.
At 5:30, I rounded up a bunch of my teammates and we headed over to Prospect Lake park (about ½ mile away from the OTC) to help at the kids triathlon clinic. It was SO much fun…the kids were SO cute! Big surprise, I helped out on the swim part and talked about water safety and explained the course they are going to swim on race day (the same day we are in Long Beach at Pro Nationals…bummer). Then I basically said “Go” and each group of kids got to practice by actually swimming the race course…they were brave, the water was freezing! After their practice swim, they ran to the transition area and learned all about that…followed by biking and then the running station. There were about 10 local professional triathletes that helped out and it was a great success to see so many kids eager about a new sport (most had never done a triathlon).
Since the clinic ran right through our normal dinner time at the OTC, we headed into town for a delicious pizza dinner at our favorite wood-fired oven place. I’m always guaranteed a good day of training after eating my favorite pizza…so I should rock in swim and run practice tomorrow! I’ll let you know how it goes:)
By the way…photos from the Escape race are on line…remember, I was Bib number 50 when you search for my photos. I’m going to post some here on my blog, that’s just if you have a desire to see more, or search for someone else in the race (unfortunately, you have to know their bib number…Hunter was #1, Sam McGlone was #6, Laura was #9, Becky was #10).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home