Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The One and Only Chloe Sutton

Here’s a great story! About 3 or 4 weeks ago I got an e-mail from a young girl who asked me some questions about open water swimming. I was more than happy to share some of the tips and techniques that I have learned from my experience and replied to her email with my answers. (I might have gotten carried away, my reply email was a bit excessive:) Anyways…
She replied that she was going down to Ft. Myers, Florida to compete in the 5K National Championship race. I told her my brother was going to be competing in the 10K and wished her luck.
What do I find when I get home from the Alcatraz race??? Chloe has WON the 10K National Championships!! She got second in the 5K and hung around to compete in the 10K! My favorite part was seeing that Chloe beat Kalyn Keller, the Athens Olympian!
If anyone had to be the new 10K National Champion…I can’t say I’m upset that it’s the one girl who asked me questions…I’m just glad that I wasn’t at the race to get smoked by Chloe!
So…anyone else looking for advice?!? I’ve got an “open door” policy now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home