Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Where in the USA are the McLarty's?

Let’s start with me…I’m in Colorado Springs, training and hanging out with my teammates. Today was a crazy training day…we started with swim practice at 8am and pounded out 5-grand in the pool…we had 10 minutes to change into our bike gear and then we rode to Gold Camp road…we did 2 ascents of the road (Cliff’s instructions were to ride as hard as possible ‘to failure’) and then road easy back to the OTC. After lunch and a short nap I did a run on the trails with some 5K efforts mixed in. It was a tough day but I was really happy with how I felt in all three sports. One more day of key workouts and then Monday is the start of our taper for Nationals.
Dustin…he’s sound asleep in his house in Gainesville after a long day of racing and traveling. On Friday night he drove to St. Petersburg and spent the night at the Weiler’s house. On Saturday morning he did a sprint triathlon…and finished 1st place overall (here he will say that he didn’t actually win b/c some guy from the draft-legal race beat him by 35 seconds…but all that matters was that Dustin was the first person across the finish line:). After the race he was planning on staying in the area and doing another sprint race on Sunday morning…but changed his mind after the first race when he realized how tired he actually was! Now he’ll have Sunday to recover before another week on “fun” Gator swim practices.
My Dad is spending his first night of his trip in the Grand Canyon…I think this is his 4th trip down the river and he and Irv departed Lee’s Ferry this afternoon with a full boat of passengers. He called me from the warehouse after they loaded all the boats with food and supplies on Friday…he told me that everyone I know said “Hi” so I’ll send a “Hi” back to all my friends at Grand Canyon Expeditions. Speaking of Grand Canyon…the Travel Channel show that was filmed during my brother’s trip last month is airing on Sunday on the Travel Channel (duh) at 5pm Eastern time…tune in and see why you should sign up for a trip!
My Mom is the only one on the McLarty Farm right now…talk about empty nest syndrome! But it’s not like my mom to sit at home and miss us…she started off the morning at the beach with some surfing, open water swim practice with the Lifeguards and Swim Team, jumped off the end of the pier, had a board game party with her friends, and she’s going to be skydiving all day tomorrow followed by who knows what!! Sometimes I don’t think I can keep up with my mom!
So that’s the McLarty Update…and Happy Father’s Day to dad who will not read this until next weekend:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home