Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend of Racing

Check out the results from the Edmonton World Cup triathlon this morning…Team USA had great results with a silver and bronze in the men’s race!!
The Atlanta IronKids race went smooth this morning…results aren’t online yet but should be up ASAP. All the kids were so cute and so excited to be racing. The weather was cooperative and stayed cool well past 9am. I had a great time cheering on the racers, helping out where I was needed, and handing out the awards. Of course I did a bit of heavy lifting at the end of the day to help the strong guys load the truck…but, come on, I’ve got to stay away from injuries and stuff…Life Time Fitness Triathlon is 6 days away!
The August edition of Triathlete Magazine is out…check out page 82 for the IronKids article with some cool photos and quotes from me and Neil (the big man in charge)! And if that wasn’t exciting enough, the race recaps from St. Anthony’s and Escape from Alcatraz are in the same magazine and I got my name mentioned in both:)! Someone pinch me!
My late night flight from ATL back to COS was uneventful…I arrived at 8:30pm, opened a bit of snail mail, checked my email, wrote this blog…and now I’m ready for a nice sleep-in. I’ve had 3 days of early alarms for the IronKids race. I was awake early on Friday for my flight to Atlanta, awake early on Saturday for my workouts before setting up the race site, and awake early on Sunday for the actual race.
My brother raced the third Beaches Fine Arts Triathlon on Saturday morning…unfortunately, the surf in the ocean was too big so they decided to cancel the swim and make the race a duathlon. No swim is always a bummer for the McLarty family…but he had two great runs and a solid bike ride to finish in 3rd place!
It was a weekend of racing for everyone except me…but I’ll have my chance next weekend in Minneapolis, MN…more about that later:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home