Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Recovery Day on Friday

I just ate lunch…it was pasta I cooked in a coffee maker!! Amazing what you can do with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker! But it’s sooo nice to be eating foods that I like for cheaper than going to a restaurant at every meal.
I’ve been slowly feeling better since getting sick after the race on Monday. I’ve contacted everyone that I know who competed in Hungary and it seems that 90% of my friends got sick so we are blaming it on the bad water in the Tisza River.
This morning I woke up to heavy rain and dark skies over this part of Germany. Eventually, the rain stopped but the wind is still blowing very strong…I’d be a bit scarred to get on my bike right now (going one direction would be quite fun but getting back would be a challenge:)
I’ve borrowed Alicia’s copy of the DaVinci Code book…I read it about 2 years ago when I was in college but I’ve been wanting to read it again before I watch the movie. Since the movie didn’t get all amazing reviews, I haven’t rushed to see it. We are going to try to catch a showing of it at the Air Force base movie theater some time next week.
I’m also becoming hooked on Germany pop songs because they play on the MTV channel here…mixed in with the American pop songs that I already know. Now I understand how foreign people ‘sing’ English songs…you just kinda guess at the sounds but have NO clue what the words are!:)
There are a few more triathletes at the base now…most of the USA World University Team athletes arrived yesterday. The WUG competition is one week before our World Champs and it’s on the same course in Switzerland…hopefully we can get some feedback from them about the course and area.
My mom and dad just emailed me their flight itinerary to come watch me race in the Westchester Triathlon on September 17th in New York!! What an awesome surprise…I’ll get to see my parents at the conclusion of this crazy 47 day trip! I’m not even sure what number day it is…I’ve completely lost track…maybe that’s a good thing b/c I’m having a lot of fun and enjoying the whole experience!

1 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Sara,

I just found your blog via the Ironkids website. My daughter (11) will race in her first Ironkids event this weekend.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Get your rest and best of luck in your upcoming race.

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home