Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Inevitable!

Yep...it was about time. I was wondering how long I could go without it happening. Everyone has them once in a while, even the pros. I guess my time was up. My good luck ran out.
Okay, okay, okay...I CRASHED yesterday on Cheyene Mountain during our hill repeat workout!! It was pretty spectacular...I was flying down from the top, screaming around the corners, passing people right and left...then I decided to slam on my brakes in a huge patch of gravel! (Not always a smart thing to do, kids.)
My rear tire started to fishtail under me...I managed to scream "sh*t" twice before I hit the ground (not sure if that helped at all, but it made me feel better:) and then did an entire 180 degree turn while sliding on the pavement and came to a stop facing UP hill!
The good news...I'm fine. A little less skin on each elbow and my left hip and a big bruise on my knee...but other than that I am in one complete piece!
The bad news...my bike got more injuries than I did! The silver cover of my left shifter is in three pieces (had to pick them all up from the road) and the end of my aerobars got shaved down an eighth of an inch!
I sat down for a few minutes, recovered, and then finished my last 4 hill repeats. (What, a little crash is going to stop me from training? Yeah right!) But I did come down the hill VERY SLOW on every repeat after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home