Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Post Race Recovery & Update

Total recovery took a few days after Pro Nationals. I got home on Monday and spent another night getting some solid sleep. Denny (my coach) ordered some more blood work and urine testing for me so that the Sports Med people could see if there was any serious damage going on. On Wednesday I did another blood draw and got results back on Friday. Other than having low iron…I was given the ‘all-clear’.
It was a bit scary…the whole “hospital after the race” thing and I hope that I don’t have to do that again soon. I know that this year has been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed breaking into the pro circuit but my goal is to be healthy and safe (in training and racing).
After Nationals we have a solid 4 weeks of training before we get on the plane for Japan. I plan on making the most of every training session to get me ready for the World Champs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home