Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

More From Japan

So we finally got to ride the bike course today...and it is as technical as it looks on the map....after the first turn, we do some more turns, and then a few more, and then we repeat the same course 7 times!!! The typhoon has passed us completely and it is now SUNNY and HOT! We were biking on the course today at the same time that we will be racing (the U23 women's race starts at 10:45am) and I was sweating when I was going easy. I had a minor equipment malfunction...my right bike shoe cleat was not locking into the pedal and I could not get any power on the up-pedal b/c my foot would come flying of my pedal...fortunatly, we have amazing bike mechanics here and Dave was nice enough to solve the problem when we got back to the hotel.
Other than the bike ride today...we registered at the race course, picked up our goodie bags (not too much other than an XL shirt inside)...found out what # we are (I am #40)...and then came back for lunch (I had some interesting chicken and rice:) and then we headed off to swim practice. Finally, today I remembered to put sunscreen on and I didn't get fried at the outdoor pool!
The rest of today will be taken up with a shower...a massage...a pre-race meeting with my coach...a U23 team dinner at an american restaurant...and then more wonderful sleep:) Tomorrow will be the day before the race...wish me luck (and luck to all my teammates) and all that jaz:)!!! Go USA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home