Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Back to the ol'Routine!

Sunday (yesterday) was a glorious day! I’m not sure what the temperature was, or if the sun was shining…but I am sure that I didn’t have to do ANY form of exercise…and I loved every minute of it!
Welcome to the world of triathlon training…where I’ve learned that Sunday is not thought of as “with-out-a-doubt-day-off” like in the world of swimming. It’s been about 4 months since I’ve had an OFFICIAL day off from anything resembling sports. (Travel days don’t count and race days sure don’t count).
I just want to remember the feeling I had yesterday when I woke up at 10:30am and didn’t have to prep for any type of strenuous activity. Today I’m back in the normal routine…a hard swim practice this morning, followed by a team meeting, a short bike ride, and yoga later this afternoon.
The Cancun World Cup (my last race of this season if you haven’t been paying attention) is getting closer. It’s only 13 days away…the starting list is posted on line at: http://www.triathlon.org/?call=TVRFdw==&id=NTQw&keep=sh#. Click on the left hand side where it says Start Lists/Results. The ‘start list’ is everyone who has entered the race…some people might not show up on race day…but it lets us athletes get a pretty good idea of who is in the race. This is the first time my name is on a World Cup start list…pretty exciting:)!
Exactly 1 minute before my alarm went off this morning, my phone rang…don’t you love trying to answer the phone with any semblance of sanity when you have just woken up!? Example of me this morning: “Whhatizzzzt? Whhhhho, Helllo?” Fortunately, it was my dad so I didn’t need to be charming:)! He was calling me to say that my mom suggested going on a trip/vacation…he was buying airplane tickets to Cancun…and wanted to know what hotel I was staying it for the race. It was 7:30AM...but it still didn’t take me long to decipher the fact that my mom and dad are flying to Mexico to watch my race (oh yeah, and have a vacation, but that’s only a second thought, of course:)!
Already my mind moves away from triathlon…I’m so excited to finish this season…I’m in the market for some snow-ski boots! I now live in COLORADO…there are great ski resorts right down the road…my feet are done growing and it’s about time to invest in a good pair of boots that will be comfortable when I hit the slopes! Now I just need to locate the $$ for this great idea…where’s the tree that money grows on???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home