Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Being a Weekend Warrior!

Today was the last and final day of our “unload” week. This morning, our intense and hard core bike ride involved all of the following: loading the vans with our bikes the night before, waking up early (because we lost an hour due to Daylight Savings), driving to the coast, unloading our bikes at the beach, riding along as a big group of triathletes, averaging about 15 miles an hour, stopping at a coffee shop after 75 minutes of biking, relaxing in the sun with lattes and mochas, and then biking back to the vans even slower with full bellies!
It was the best workout we’ve had since arriving in Chula Vista! We lucked out with the weather, it was a perfect temperature, with lots of sunshine and a bit of wind to keep us cool. It’s being able to do things like this that remind me why I love my sport and enjoy being around my friends and training partners. The atmosphere was relaxed and laid back…just hanging out with friends on a sunny day in California.
One of the guys just flew back to the Springs for the weekend and was nice enough to grab everyone’s snail mail. I had a big stack of junk mail with a few important envelopes (like National team stipends) and a new credit card! Speaking of mail…the internet at the training center here has been out of commission for over 4 days! We are literally GOING CRAZY! I’ve typed this blog while in my room, and then published it the next day after driving to a coffee shop with free internet connection. At least the coffee shop makes really good white-chocolate drinks:)!
By the way…the GATORS are in the National Championship Basketball Game on Monday night! In case you haven’t been following the March Madness…which is now April madness…they are down to 2 teams: Gators versus UCLA…playing tomorrow night! Can’t wait to see some UCLA gator bait…Go Gators:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home