Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hang 10 from Long Beach

Travel this morning was very easy. I had to get up at 4:30am (that was the worst part) for the 4:45am shuttle van to the airport. I used some miles to upgrade into First Class for the flight…I got a nice nap in the big seat!
Both my bike and bag arrived on time and I took the Super Shuttle to the hotel with Joe and Sarah. After spending a bit of time relaxing in my room watching movies I jumped in the hotel pool for a few minutes to stretch out.
My roommate, Jasmine, arrived a bit later in the day and we grabbed a light lunch together before doing some more relaxing and watch movies. Finally, around 5pm, we got off our butts and went for a light jog on the run course. It’s flat and fast and it probably wont be too hot at 9am on Sunday morning (good news for me:).
After a shower and some computer time, I went to dinner with a few of my teammates at Chili’s…a yummy crunchy chicken salad and some chocolate afterwards made a great dinner.
Now it’s time to get a good night’s sleep before riding the bike course tomorrow morning…we are heading out at 6:30am (good practice for race morning!).
Thanks to everyone who sent a ‘good luck’…I appreciate them very much!
Also a good luck to my Gator teammates (Ryan, Katie, Scott, Ricky) who are currently competing in Santa Clara, California at the international swim meet…Chloe, the 10k national champion I’m mentoring, is also swimming fast!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Gator Chomp as you crossed the line at the Alcatraz! We were watching on TV today and I saw you cross the line and I told my wife and kids, "Look, she's doing the Gator chomp!" Great race, great Gator chomp. It's great to be a Florida Gator! Now I have a new favorite female triathlete. Count me and my house as Sara McLarty fans.

Mark Stephens
UF Class of 1989

2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home