Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, July 14, 2006

#24

There are officially 20 men and 20 women that will be on the starting line tomorrow morning. I will be wearing the yellow cap in the water and have a pink #24 on the bike and run.
This morning I rode the bus (chartered bus for all the pros) down to the race site to check everything out. Sam McGlone was cool and showed me a lot of the technical parts of the bike course. We didn’t want to ride the whole course so we checked out our bikes and gearing on the first few miles of the course. It’s pretty flat, couple of rolling hill, and the roads are a bit imperfect.
When we got back to the transition area I changed into some running gear and jogged on the race course for about 15 minutes. My legs felt good and I didn’t want to run too much because it was really hot and I’ll be sweating enough tomorrow morning!
To cool off, I threw on my swim suit and checked out the swimming course. The buoys were already placed (and I like how far from shore they appear to be:) so I swam around a few. The lake is a bit murky…not sure I want to drink much of it on race day!!
When we got back to the hotel, Sam, Leanda, Rina, and I went to grab some lunch in the mall. A Subway sandwich was my choice, followed by a hot cocoa. I went back to the hotel to buy 24 hours of Internet access so I could check emails and stuff and wait for my Dad’s flight to arrive.
Around 4pm, my Dad got to the hotel room and we did a bit of last minute bike tuning. My gears are always a bit ‘off’ when I put race wheels on…thanks to Dad, they are actually shifting the way I ask them too:)! We relaxed a bit in the room and chatted…its nice to see a family member again…before heading out to find a place for dinner. We ended up at Chevy’s…Fresh Mex type of restaurant. It was delicious and just what my belly wanted…no ice cream for dessert this time, a biscotti cookie and a hot cocoa instead!
Now I’m back in the hotel room with a full belly, a bit of nerves, and a lot of pre-race packing to take care of! I’m looking forward to a fun race in the morning and I can’t wait tell the race story afterwards!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home