Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

From Corner Brook

I'm officially in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada! (Look it up on a map if you have no clue where I am...it's the huge island off the east coast of Canada and Maine!) I finally arrived at 3am this morning...on the way to Deer Lake, my final destination, the plane turned around half way and went back to land in Halifax because there was a warning light on...after they got it fixed we took off again and finally landed 1.5 hours late!
So I enjoyed a nice sleep in until 11:30am...had some breakfast and then built my bike (no delays with the luggage, my bikebox made it onto all 3 flights!). Now, I'm thinking about getting geared up to go explore the town and the race course. The house I'm staying in for the weekend is actually RIGHT on the run course..I can look out the window right now and see bikers and runners going by (I should be one of those people in a few minutes:).
My homestay family is awesome...the Hann's live in a beautiful house and their son Jarett is a triathlete too (he won a local sprint race last weekend and was in the newspaper this morning!). I've got my own bedroom (their daughter's room who is currently somewhere else in Canada) and yummy home-cooked food!
Tomorrow is the first race of the weekend...the Swim Relay...and I am 100% sure that I have the winning team!! We are all Americans...it's me and 2 guys...and we are going to dominate (which will be nice because there is a small amount of prize money up for grabs!) I think it starts at 6pm, or something late in the afternoon. The air temperature is nice and warm right now but it is supposed to cool down a couple of degrees as the weekend approaches! It will NOT be 95 and humid like last weekend in Minnesota...keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home