Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Random Thoughts

Life in Colorado Springs was nice. It was SHORT, but nice! Now I’m all packed and ready for my trip to Corner Brook, Canada tomorrow.
During the 72 hours I was back at the OTC between races I got a few things accomplished. A bit of swimming, biking and running. Some laundry. Returned my library books and checked out new ones for this trip. A hair cut. Dinner with some friends tonight. Bought a lot of airplane tickets online for future travels.
I’m looking forward to meeting my homestay family tomorrow (well, actually early Thursday morning). I’ve looked at the weather for the weekend in Corner Brook and it’s going to be quite chilly…I actually checked the weather while I was packing my clothes so I had to take out some shorts and add some pants:)!
When I return from this trip I have a note written to remind myself to get started on my next UCCS MBA classes. Have I mentioned that I actually registered for 2 more classes (surprisingly, after how much I enjoyed the Statistics class)? But I’m willing to give everything a second chance. Before I depart for my long trip in Europe I have to talk to the professors and purchase the class materials (nice words for ‘expensive books’).
Next weekend is the 2nd IronKids race of 2006…it’s in a town right outside of Denver so I will just drive up on Saturday, help with the set up, spend one night, and help with the race on Sunday. I told a couple of my training partners here at the OTC about it and they are interested about coming to help also…the more the merrier!
Sara Lee (the title sponsor of the IronKids race) and IronKids have a marketing person that promotes the races. He had been in touch with me before the Atlanta race with some questions about pre-race nutrition (I’m not the perfect person for those questions:) and now I’m getting some emails from him about doing some interviews at the ABC and CBS stations in Denver before the race! EXCITING! I will post the show times if I find out more info…but it’ll only be in the Denver area…unlike the LifeTime Fitness broadcast on NBC which is supposed to be nation-wide!
If you happen to be a subscriber to the Inside Triathlon magazine…or see one on the magazine stands…my teammate, training partner, friend, and across-the-hall-neighbor, JASMINE OEINCK is on the cover! It’s a really cool photo of her at the Garden of the Gods…unfortunately, there’s not really an article to correspond with the photo…but it’s still cool!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the deal with the Kuota?

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home