Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nothing Exciting

I did my part for the environment today by doing all my errands on my BIKE! My training schedule said to ride easy for an hour so I toured around town and stopped at all the places I had on my to-do-list. The funny thing was, I got home and was happy about how much money I had saved on gas…and then I realized that I spent over $90 picking up items and supplies that I needed! That kinda took away from the ‘gas saving’ excitement I had:(. I think my credit card was swiped 5 times on that bike ride…I knew cycling was expensive, but this is ridiculous:).
My morning workout was another session in the Sports Science labs…running 5 times 1 kilometers on the treadmill with supplemental oxygen. The breathing mask is a bit heavy and cumbersome when I’m trying to run at race pace, but after a while, it’s not the first thing on my mind…the pain in my legs is what I’m focusing on!
I’ve been talking with some people on the Westchester Triathlon race committee…I am going to be competing in this race along with the 9 other members of the U23 USAT squad. They have arranged for all of us to stay in the Wainwright House…check out the photos…for free for the entire time we are in town for the race!! This race is on September 17th in Westchester, NY…it will be the final stop on my 6 week “Europe Racing Trip”…I will be flying back to NY on September 11th after the Hamburg, Germany World Cup. When I was making my travel arrangements, I realized that 7 days is quite a long time to be in a hotel room and waiting for the race to start…SO…the amazing people organizing the race have found a family willing to put up with me until the rest of my U23 team arrives! I’m in the process of contacting them right now:).
In other news of my life…I’ve purchased a plane ticket home for Thanksgiving! Look out DeLand, Florida; here I come…November 20th until the 29th! It cost a whopping $10 and 25,000 United miles…but it takes me right from COS into Daytona Beach (my parents appreciate the DAB flight because it’s a lot easier than driving to Orlando to pick me up). Unfortunately, (and no surprise to me) going from one small airport to another requires THREE different flights…so the trip wont be a whole lotta fun, only getting to the final destination will be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home