Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, September 18, 2006

DAY 47...Arrived in COS

Oh my gosh…it feels fantastic to be sitting here, at my PC, in my chair, in my room, at the OTC, in Colorado Springs!! I woke up early this morning in Rye, NY to help Jasmine and Matt pack their bags and bikes. I had so much time before my noon flight that I hopped on my bike for a short and easy spin one last time around Rye. I stopped by the hotel where my parents were staying to maybe say ‘hello’ but they were sound asleep and I didn’t want to wake them:). The Westchester Triathlon committee put together a shuttle service to get us all to the airport (BIG THANKS!) and I fell asleep as soon as the plane was airborne from White Plains, NY to Chicago. A 2 hour layover in Chicago…and then another nap on the flight to COS!
I have to admit that one of the things I was looking forward to upon my return to the OTC was getting my mail for the past month and a half…and it was not disappointing:)! Lots of prize money and performance bonuses were waiting here for me to deposit! I’ve also been looking forward to sleeping in my BIG, soft bed…too much time sleeping on uncomfortable, twin-size beds during this trip. I just looked out the window for the first time and checked to make sure my car was still where I left it…it is…hopefully it starts without any problems tomorrow morning!
The fun does not stop here…while I was traveling last week, I was contacted by USAT to see if I was interested in an opportunity to CO-HOST a morning RADIO SHOW!! I think I made that decision in about 2 seconds flat…so tomorrow morning I will be awake at 5am driving to the MAGIC Morning Show to co-host the morning drive segment from 6-9am (3 hours on the air…thank goodness there will be a lot of music during that time too:)! I’m SOOOO excited…I just read the outline for the show…here it is:
WEEK OUTLINE FOR MAGIC MORNING SHOW
TUESDAY, SEPT. 19:
6:00 – BE IN STUDIO
6:10 – SHORT NEWS / SPORTS / WEATHER
6:20 – TRIVIA (ROMI GIVES QUESTION ON AIR – SARAH CAN FEEL FREE TO GUESS ANSWER AS LONG AS SHE KNOWS IT’S A WRONG ONE!)
6:35 – ENTERTAINMENT BUZZ  (TOP ENT. STORIES OF THE DAY.  ROMI WANTS SARAH TO GIVE OPINIONS AND ASK QUESTIONS IF SHE WANTS)
6:50 – TALK ABOUT PROMOTIONS HAPPENING ON MAGIC / OTC
7:10 – SHORT NEWS / SPORTS / WEATHER
7:20 – INTERVIEW – SARAH DIMURO (29 YEAR OLD VIRGIN WHO’S LOOKING FOR “THAT PERSON” IN JANE MAGAZINE.  WE’LL LOOK FOR THE OLDEST VIGIN IN COLORADO SPRINGS.)
7:50 – TALK ABOUT THE ATHLETE AND THE OTC
8:10 – SHORT NEWS / SPORTS / WEATHER
8:20 – PHONE TOPIC – WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP?  WE GOT A LISTENER EMAIL ABOUT A GUY WHO HAS TO HIDE SOME MONEY FROM HIS WIFE SO HE CAN SPEND IT ON WHAT HE WANTS.  WE’LL TAKE STORIES AND I’D LIKE SARAH TO CHIME IN WITH HER OPINIONS.
8:50 – TALK ABOUT WHAT’S COMING UP TOMORROW
9:00 – FINISHED!!!

Maybe I will be able to get a taping of the show for proof that I was ‘on the air’:)! Speaking of getting tapes of the show…in the huge stack of mail that I just waded through, I found a DVD copy of my live news interviews for the IronKids races…those were up in Denver in July.
With an early morning wake-up call...I’ll be heading to bed soon. Of course, I could start unpacking, maybe do a little laundry, take my bike out of the box, something else productive…but of course I’m just going to RELAX and REST and RECOVER and enjoy being home!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home