Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Taper Time

The countdown begins...less than 2 weeks 'til the World Cup meet. Although UF swim practices are not going to be getting easier/shorter any time soon...mine will!! Today was a good way to start. Instead of going to morning swim practice, sleep in and go for a 25 minute jog...then take a nap after that!
Don't think I didn't get anything accomplished...I checked e-mails, ate lunch, oh...ordered my cap and gown for graduation! Some how, no one mailed me the information on when and where to reserve the stuff, so I was stuck with a late fee because the deadline was last month! But I will be sitting on the stage in a cap and gown (light blue tassel).
The men swimmers left this morning for Purdue for an invitational meet. Dustin calls home from the Jacksonville airport to tell us that he left his cell phone in his room! It's only his first 'away' meet...it'll take a while until he gets the hang of packing everything...we didn't ask if he remembered his toothbrush!
I'm on a mission to find some kind of small Gator/USA souvenir, like a pin or pen or keychain, so that I can take a bunch to South Africa and Dubai. It wont hurt to have a physical 'thank you' for all the people that help when I get lost in a foreign counrty! The trouble is, in Gator Country...they charge an arm & leg for anything with orange & blue!
Tonight I logged 2 hours in the editing room working on my documentary. I think managed to put down 10 seconds of black...fading into the title...fading into one skydive...and then I drew a blank, gave up and went home to eat dinner! This is going to take a little longer than I thought.
It's 11pm and I want to get a ride in the morning before it gets too damn hot...so good night to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home