Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Researching Dubai

So I'm heading to the Middle East in a few weeks, who wouldn't be a little nervous. Of course I was worrying about what women are allowed to wear and how safe it is to travel alone...so I sat down and did a little research.
First...where is this place? Where will I be swimming? What is it close to? TA-DA...I found a map. There was some questions about where the swims would be taking place and last I heard, we are going to be swimming in the Persian Gulf...not in the river that goes through Dubai.
Second...what is the water like? Are we going to be swimming in pollution? Garbage? Sewage? Well, if the picture below was not altered...this is going to be a beautiful swim. The only bad things I have heard so far...the water temp. is 80-81C (HOT) and there are a lot of sharks in the area. That should be no problem, the faster you swim, the faster you get out!
Third...I swim the 5k on November 27th and we don't leave until December 3rd. What am I going to be doing? After more research...I came up with some ideas: shopping, going to the beach, shopping, riding a camel, going to the water parks, shopping, and cheering for team USA! It looks like the exchange rate is great in the UAE and I've heard that the shopping is amazing...I think I'm going to need a bigger bag on the way home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home