Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Weekend Update

BOO! Happy Halloween!!
It's a little after noon on Sunday...and I've got a ton of stuff to cover!
Lets start on Thursday...Gators kicked butt in the pool against Georgia. The men won and the women lost (but that was to the top team in the nation...in season!). There were some GREAT swims...Ashley's 1000 free, sprinting the last 25 and getting her hand on the wall before 2 UGA girls...Leah's 200 back, 1:56 in season with out any competition...Dustin's 200 IM and 500 free, both best times and 3rd places...everyone else, just plain swimming fast and diving well.
Then there was the Friday meet...men only, UF versus Minnesota. Gators won (by 6 points)! The swimmer of the meet was Ryan...he lead off on the first relay (1st), swam the next event: 1000 free (2nd), got to rest during the 200 free, swam the next event: 100 back (1st), and a little later in the meet swam the 400 IM (1st)! damn!
Oh yeah...how about Dustin breaking 4 minutes in the 400 IM (3:58)!
After the meet, our family enjoyed a yummy dinner at the Swamp...thanks to mom winning a $25 gift certificate at the meet for cheering.
I loaded up all my camera equipment and drove home Friday night with the 'rents.
Saturday morning, after a nice 31 mile bike ride with a small group, I set out for the Drop Zone to get some more footage of the Majik Skydiving team for my documentary class project. The guys could not be more helpful...submitting themselves to in-depth interviews with me and my camera! Now it's time to start editing everything together for a decent grade in the class (reminder to self...I already dropped out of this class in the Spring semester...can't do that again).
Amount of space to describe the UF vs. UGA f-ball game on Saturday: it sucked...end of story.
How nice it was to wake up on Sunday morning at 9 am...and find out that it is actually 8 am! I love gaining an hour when we 'fall back'...why don't we do that EVERY day? I was a very good little pro athlete and did all of my morning workout...20 mile ride & 4 mile run. I think I should get a cookie for that...or a gold star...a pat on the back?
I'm preparing to pack up my car for a return trip to Gainesville. First I'm going to stop by the airport for a plane ride (in the skydiving plane) and lunch with some skydivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home