Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Recovering, resting, working, packing

That is my to-do list for the day. I am recovering from my crash...elbows and hip are healing nice and fast...left knee is a little bruised but feels great after popping some basic Advils! The resting part is in regards to the BIG race this weekend...Tempe ITU Triathlon...temperature on race day: 107 degrees!! YIKES (but I'm trying not to think about it too much!) We fly out on Friday at 1pm and will spend Saturday seeing/testing the race course. Sunday is race day...starting at about 10:30ish (time is not definite yet). Working, not 'working out', means I'm actually going to get something accomplished today...maybe write to sponsors, research the business I want to start, make travel plans for future races, or just watch a movie?! Hum?! Packing should explain itself if you have retained any of the previous stuff I have wrote. I've got to lug my bike box out of the storage room...get some laundry washed and dried...toss some clothes into bags...pick up my race suit from the screening company (I will post a photo ASAP:)
So I have made a decision about the last empty corner of my bedroom...I want to turn it into a reading eden! I have spend too many hours of my life reading in uncomfortable situation: chair too hard, neck too sure, light too dull, etc...so I am going to create myself a perfect place. First, of course, I have to wait until I can fund this eden...but I can still start making plans. I see a really nice, multi-bulb lamp...maybe one of those Medusa ones that you can bend the heads to point right where you want the light to shine. One important part is the 'heat' factor...you know what I mean: when you sit next to a lamp and the thing starts heating up and suddenly the whole area is too darn hot to relax in! Although the lamp is important...it's the CHAIR that I'm focusing most of plans on. I'm thinking recliner?? or big chair with a seperate ottoman/foot rest?? But, most importanly, it's got to be BIG and SOFT and COMFY! I've got a huge space in the room and I plan on filling it with my eden! I will keep you all posted as the eden starts taking shape...or as the money starts appearing to fund the eden:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home