Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Wilma + Cancun = RACE???????

If you have been living in a box for the past few days, you might have missed the news about Hurricane Wilma. She is currently a category 4 hurricane with 150+ mph winds. Oh yeah, she is also stalled over the Yucatan Peninsula…or Cancun, Mexico as it is better known. They are predicting that she is going to chill right on top of Cancun for about 2 days, strengthen, make a 90 degree right/west turn, and head straight for FLORIDA! My dad just told me that he heard someone predict that it will take 10 YEARS for the Cancun area to rebuild.
Well, that’s just great because the World Cup triathlon race is in exactly 9 days! The International Triathlon Union website has posted a release that says the race organizers have moved inland to Mexico City for safety and as soon as they are able to assess the race site, they will decide the status of the 2005 Cancun World Cup Triathlon.
I can only thank some lucky stars that the race was not this weekend and I’m not one of the 1000 tourists that were stranded when the airlines canceled the flights out. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home