Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

G-Day Mates, I'm on my way 'Down Under'!

I’m doing all the last minute running around; trying to make sure I’ve got everything packed! Not that it’s a big deal if I forget something, I’m pretty sure it won’t be too hard to find it in Australia! It’s not like I’m going to the middle of the desert or a country with a different language…it’ll be just like Colorado Springs, except it’ll be WARM and SUNNY, have a BEACH, WAVES, and it’s the middle of the SUMMER season!
All I’ve got left is a short run on the treadmill, grab a shower, stuff some last items into my bags, and then load up and drive to the airport (with a detour to Blockbuster to return movies)! The flights are not too bad…straight from Colorado Springs on United to Los Angles, a medium layover with time to get dinner and meet the rest of the team…and then a nonstop flight from LAX to Melbourne…I will arrive in MEL almost 2 days after I leave the States! But then on the return flight, I arrive in LAX BEFORE I left Australia…too confusing, I know! I just get on the plane and relax until landing…then I get into my ‘competition’ mode!
My next blog will come from Melbourne, Australia…later Gators:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home