Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My New Laptop!

Yep, you guessed it; I’m typing this on my new laptop computer! It was finally delivered this morning! It’s a beauty…the screen is bigger than I expected…it barely fits in the travel bag that I have from my old laptop. I’ve been sitting between both my computers getting the new one all set up. The cool thing is that I have a memory stick and I can just move my files from my PC over to the laptop in about 5 seconds…I’ve actually already moved them all! So I guess the memory stick is actually my third computer?! Welcome to the 21st century…lots of technology!
Today was a tough day workout wise…we started this morning at the trails for a 3x2K running workout…followed by a bike ride mid-day…and finished off with swim practice at 3pm. Along with getting my computer delivered today…the manikin and rescue buoy came in the mail from Daytona Beach. I took those to the pool this afternoon and did a bit of practice. I’ll have to get a picture of me swimming one-armed with the manikin resting on my butt so that the face is out of the water…I can’t actually see what I look like when I’m doing it…but I’m going out on a limb and saying that it’s got to be a funny sight!
I also got a package in the mail from home with some mail and a large world map that I have pinned up to my wall. I’m going to put little pins into all the locations that I have visited…for vacation, for a competition, or whatever. If I’ve been there, it’s going to get pinned on my World Wall Map!…and I have an official statement to make: “stopping in an airport just to switch planes does NOT mean that you have visited that location!!!”
So I’m trying to decide if I want to create saramclarty.com?! A lot of pro athletes have their own website, and a lot of them do not. It’s kinda based on how you market yourself. I guess I want to market myself…it’s how you make $$ in the business that I am in: professional athlete, speaker, coach, etc (what business am I in??). My friends and I kinda have the view that it’s a bit cocky to have your own website…but it also lets people/sponsors know who you are, what you are doing, and what your results are…What do you think??? Here are some examples: Hunter Kemper, Andy Potts, Shelia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home