Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 Recap

A list (in no particular order) of some of the neat/cool/fun/exciting/adventurous things that happened in my life in the year 2005!
1. First time I've lived outside the state of Florida: for 3 months in Chula Vista, CA and for 6 months in Colorado Springs, CO
2. I celebrated my 22nd birthday!
3. The 10K open water swimming event was added to the Olympic roster for 2008
4. I competed in my first triathlon as a Professional (St. Anthony's in St. Pete Florida)
5. I also competed in 6 other races as a professional triathlete...getting to compete with my idol, Barb Lindquist
6. My dad flew down to Chiapas, Mexico to be my 'coach' and helped me win the 15k open water swim
7. My mom flew to Chicago to watch and cheer for me in the Chicago Triathlon
8. My brother flew to New York City to go to the Golden Goggles awards ceremony with me...and then we toured NYC the next day
9. I competed in the FINA Open Water World Championships in July and the ITU Triathlon World Championships in September
10. I traveled to the states of California, Arizona, New York, Florida, Washington, Colorado, and Illinois in the USA and to the countries of Mexico, Canada, and Japan for races.
11. My family remained healthy and happy, my friends continued to be awesome people, and the world stayed in one piece!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home