Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Open Water Presentations

I gave 2 presentations on Open Water swimming for Triathlons on Thursday. One was focused on the ITU style 1500 meters and the second was focused on half and whole Ironman distance swims (1-2.4 miles). I had some fun powerpoint presentations prepared with all the information I could think of. My mom's cousin Larry sent me a funny 30 second video of open water swimming and I opened both lectures by showing it. It was nice to have an 'ice-breaker'!
There were only 5 coaches in each lecture and that made it very easy to have more discussion and less lecturing. We talked about training methods, how to turn around buoys, equipment, mental preparation, and lots of other stuff. The time ran out in both my presentations before I got to the last of my slides...but I was confident that each person learned something new or different and that was my main goal.
Alan Ley, the USAT person in charge of the coaching clinics, complimented me afterwards and mentioned asking me to speak at other clinics. (Of course I told him I would be honored!)
I'm just glad for the speaking practice...you can't have too much practice...and I look forward to my next opportunity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home