Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, November 18, 2005

The 'Should Be' Distances

Today, my training was all parts of a triathlon. This morning I drove to the DBCC pool for a bit of a swim practice...swam a solid 6000 yards in the H-O-T pool. After relaxing most of the mid-day (a bit of a cat nap around 11am) I headed out with various family members for some more exercising. First, I rode 25+ miles with my dad...I'll admit I did a bit of drafting because the weather is crap and it was very windy and overcast. As I came down the driveway at the end of the ride, I saw my mom on Buddy (one of the horses we are keeping in the pastures) and knew that I was expected to go for a jog with them. Quick transition from bike to run clothes and I was out the door for a light 30 minute jog while Buddy and mom cantered along side.
Now that I look back on my day of training...I realize that I did the perfect triathlon! 4 miles of swimming, followed by 27 miles on the bike, and topped off by about 3-4 miles of running! Isn't that the perfect distance ratio of all the sports? I say we write to the people in charge and suggest an imediate change...to be in effect next year...when I've got about 6 World Cup triathlon races on my schedule!
HAHAHA! (I'm not laughing about my schedule...that's actually exciting...I'm going to Japan twice, Germany, Switzerland, Canada a bunch, Mexico twice...Hey United Airlines, looking to sponsor a triathlete??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home