Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

It’s a freezing Halloween night out here in Colorado Springs…I would hate to be a little kid dressed in a skimpy costume tonight! So instead I’m going to be a kid dressed in a big, warm costume tonight! Hahaha…I’m not actually going trick-or-treating…some of my friends are having a party and we are thinking about dressing up and going later tonight. I will NOT be going in a skimpy ‘tennis hoe’ costume…that was restricted to indoor activities surrounded by people I know well. I’m going to put together the ‘ultimate Gator football fan’ costume…Gator PJ bottoms, Gator sandals, Gator t-shirt, Gator swimming sweatshirt, Gator ball cap, and a beer in my hand!
I would love to post photos of my costume for you to see…but I dropped my awesome digital camera and it’s currently BROKEN! I’m really upset about it because I love taking photos and I am completely unable to do that right now. There is a store in town that might be able to fix it…hopefully I will be able to get there tomorrow…cross your fingers for the status of my camera! In summary, when I turn it on, the lens does not fully extend…it gets stuck about ¼ of the way and then makes an awful clicking noise.
I got back into training this AM by arriving at morning swim practice and busting out 5000m! It felt great to loosen up joints that had gotten stiff during my 1 week break! I’m looking forward to putting in base miles in all 3 sports this winter. Since I was unable to do a ‘base’ period last year (due to the fact that I was still being a ‘swimmer’) next year I should be able to produce even better race results!
I’ve spent most of today in front of this computer. About half of the time I was studying for the GMAT test and the other half I was downloading tons of music from the internet. My brain is SLOWLY turning back on…at first I was freaking out because I couldn’t remember the most basic of algebra problems...like how to solve for x!!! Now that I’ve been working on word and math problems for a few hours, I’m getting the hang of it again…and once I have multiple choice answers in front of me…it’s a piece of cake!
Dinner time…later Gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home