Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, October 24, 2005

What's left of Cancun?

I’ve finally got that update regarding the World Cup in Cancun…it is postponed indefinitely (in English that means it is canceled this year). This means that my triathlon season is over for the year…I just did a bit of extra training at the end! I’m a bit bummed about not getting to race in my first world cup race…but I’m also excited to do some exploring of the area around Colorado Springs.
Today I headed out on my mountain bike to Palmer Park to do a bit of riding and practice my lacking skills…I managed to completely wipeout and taco my rear wheel!! My new bike is already out of commission…I’ve got to go buy a new rear wheel before I can ride again! I came out of the crash with a few small cuts and a few bruises that will show up in the next couple of hours…proof that I’m hard core, hahaha.
I’m also looking to hike to the top of Pikes Peak before another snow comes this winter…it will be my first ‘fourteener’. It is an ALL day adventure and pretty strenuous because you are eventually hiking above 10,000 feet and there’s not much oxygen up there!
The book that is sitting on my bed-side-table (and reminding me that I need to read it) is the Safety Training for Swim Coaches manual. I am trying to get certified as a swim coach in the next few days…I’ve just got to get through this incredibly boring book!
The ski slopes are starting to call my name…on Saturday night, Jasmine, TJ and I went to a party in Vail, Colorado. It was a ton of fun; I met a lot of guys on the world cup skiing circuit! The ski runs were right outside the party (there was no snow on them but they look ready and waiting for the start of ski season). I don’t know if I mentioned that I just picked up some new ski boots the other day. I’m excited to be wearing my own, comfortable, boots on the slopes this year. I have no problem renting skis and poles…but at least my toes will be happy!
On the way back from Vail we stopped in Boulder, CO to watch (and obnoxiously cheer for) Sam and Alan in a Cycle-Cross race. It was the first Cross race that I have ever been able to watch live…I’m hooked! It looked like so much fun and something different. Alan ended up winning the race (we did the obligatory “I KNOW HIM” cheers:) and Sam finished 5th (it was his 2nd time EVER on a Cross bike!). I can see myself looking for a Cross bike soon to add to my growing collection of bikes!
Last night I finally watched The Jacket. I rented the movie from Blockbuster about 2 weeks ago and it’s about time I take it back…although they claim to NOT have late fees anymore…they do end up charging you for the whole movie if you keep it long enough (just in case you haven’t learned that the hard way yet!). So, anyways, The Jacket was a good movie, it keep me guessing the whole time and the ending didn’t disappoint. I’m actually off to Blockbuster right now…peace out:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home