Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Wonderful Week Off!

Today is officially my last day of doing NOTHING! It’s been a fantastic week…watching TV, catching up on e-mails, watching movies, staying out really late, etc. But the truth is…I’m really looking forward to getting back on the bike, start running again, lifting some weights, doing more yoga, etc. (notice how I didn’t include the words: get back in the pool!)
If you haven’t heard the big news in my world of sports: the 10K open water swim race is officially an event in the 2008 Beijing Olympics! The news was posted earlier this week straight from the IOC (International Olympic Committee). I’m not sure if this means that I need to make a decision about anything or just continue doing what I was doing. Just understand that I will be spending more than one minute thinking about what this means to my future.
I have officially applied to the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs MBA program…paid my $60 and sent it in on-line. Then I signed up for the GMAT test…another $250 for the test and $20 for the study book from Barnes & Noble. Now, if I can only get myself to sit down, open the book, and spend some time studying.
Yesterday…GATORS WON! We beat Georgia 14-10! It wasn’t a very well played game for us…we scored 2 touchdowns in the first quarter and then let UGA start to catch up. In a more important sport…UF swam at UGA on Thursday and split…men won, women lost. Dustin was in the 200IM, 200 fly, 200 back…nothing officially in the ‘distance’ category, he loved it!
The EXTRA hour of sleep that we got last night was delicious! The new alarm clocks that Hilton put in our bedrooms AUTOMATICALLY updates for daylights-savings. I woke up this morning and one clock said 10:30am but the Hilton said 9:30am…good thing it did that because I didn’t actually know that we were supposed to set our clocks back this weekend. What would I do without technology that updates my phone and alarm clock for me??
I’ve put together a water bottle, my iShuffle, some snacks, and a jacket in my backpack and I’m headed off for a hike. I think I’m going to head up the Barr Trail. It eventually goes all the way to the top of Pike’s Peak…I’m not going the whole way today…that is officially saved for Wednesday. Today, I think I’m going to get in about 3 hours on the trail, kinda as a warm up for Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home