Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Colorado Vacation!

It's funny to think that I'm heading back to my 'home' in Colorado Springs this weekend as a vacation! But that's kinda what I'm doing...I fly out of Orlando on Wednesday morning, through Denver to COS.
I actually arrive earlier than I remember...about 11am I should be back at the OTC seeing all my friends again! I guess that gives me time to get some training done...since it's a bit cold and snowy out there I'm looking forward to hopping on the treadmill again. I have come to like running on a good treadmill because I can check my running form, control my pace, and remember to have good leg cadence.
Anyways...the most important day is Thursday...my day to lecture on Open Water swimming to the USA Triathlon Level 3 Coaching Clinic! I've spent the past couple of days working on a Power Point presentation and writing out all the little details I want to talk about. It's weird to try to think about an action I do naturally and describe it in minute details!
I just got an e-mail from Shannon, the triathlon rep at Speedo, and she's going to take me and some other Speedo athlete's out to dinner on Thursday. Perfect way for me to relax after all the stress of my presentations.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY I'm going to be on the ski slopes all day! It's finally time for my mini-vacation...I've been counting down the days to get back on the slopes and try to remember how to ski. Yesterday I ordered some new ski gear (jacket, pants, socks) and I hope that they will be delivered to the OTC by Thursday...it would kinda be a bummer to get the gear on Sunday! I'm not sure which ski area I'm headed to yet...Keystone, Breckenridge, Arapahoe are some of the shorter drives...my decision is going to be based on whether I am skiing alone or if some of my friends have time to join me.
Sunday is a day of rest...literally...I think I'll be sufficiently worn out and ready to spend all day lounging in my HUGE, SOFT bed at the OTC! I've got some erands that I might venture out of bed to accomplish...getting a haircut, shopping, laundry, etc!
Around noon on Monday I'll be heading back to the airport for my flight back to 100% humidity in FL! I hope my vacation doesn't make you too jealous:)...maybe I'll see you on the slopes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home