Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Sara = Master Procrastinator

I’ve got an entire day an a half to finish my Statistics test…who’s calling me a procrastinator? Oh…well, if you want to get technical, I did get the test 2 weeks ago!
But, first I had to finish reading the chapters and complete the practice problems in the book before I could start the test. Alright, alright…I did have 4 weeks to read the chapters! I give up…you are right: I am the world’s biggest procrastinator…but only when it comes to school work, okay?!
I always do my training, and my shopping, and my eating, and my sleeping with out procrastination. But I will admit that I usually do wait until the last minute to finishing packing for travel. I just hate the thought of making the final decision on what I’m going to put in my suitcase and what I’m going to leave out. What happens if I need that one item that I took out right before departure!?
So when it is the last minute and my shuttle is leaving for the airport in a few minutes, and I’m still making final decision on what to take…I rely on my mother’s great advice: “as long as you have a credit card and your ID…you can buy whatever you forgot!”
It’s that time again: for international travel…but for this trip I’m getting a head start. I leave San Diego on Tuesday morning and I’ve already started THINKING about what to pack! I’m ahead of the curve already:)…hahaha. United flight from San Diego to LAX and then from LAX to Tokyo, Japan…although I leave on Tuesday morning, I arrive in Tokyo on Wednesday afternoon, thanks to the international date line. I have from 4pm on Wednesday until 6am on Thursday to travel from the international airport in Tokyo to the domestic airport…they are like a 3 hour train ride apart! So I’ve also got to find a hotel to spend the night…sleep is kinda important 4 days before the race, ya think?
The flight to Ishigaki arrives at 10am on Thursday…around the same time my roommate for the weekend, Jenna Shoemaker arrives also. She’s one of my Under-23 teammates. It’ll be nice to have a familiar face around in a foreign country.
The RACE is on Sunday…women’s wave starting at 1pm…right in the heat of the day, thanks race directors! I should look on a weather website to see what the estimated temperature is for that time of the day. Ishigaki is the southern-most island of Japan…and it’s pretty big because it’s got an airport. (I did a bit of research online and discovered that the only other method of transportation to the island was a ferry…and it took about 13hours!! So I decided to go with the plane ticket!).
I have not decided yet about taking my laptop with me to Japan…it can be a bit of a hassle to carry it all that way and then not be able to use it (no internet connection, or expensive internet connection!) Right now, I do have to decide to finish my Statistics test…that is the first priority…after that, I can return to ‘thinking’ about packing for Japan!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home