Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

From Connecticut

I’m sitting in my hotel room with Manny Huerta and Barrett Brandon. We’re trying to decide what movie to watch…it’s hard for three people to agree and make a decision. Anyways, I’ve got these two guys in my room because all my other U23 teammates have gone home after the Saturday triathlon and we are staying in Connecticut until our 9:10pm flight to Frankfurt, Germany on Monday. I’ve got a rental mini van as our transportation…around town for dinner…to nice areas for training rides…and into New York’s JFK airport for our flight tomorrow night. The room is a bit smelly with sweaty workout clothes, wet bathing suits, random food stuffs, etc…but I won't carry on about that for too much longer…not a pleasant topic of writing:).
I guess I should get onto some sort of story about the race yesterday:)…it went really well!! Basically, I had a “Plan A,” and that was to work together with another strong swimmer to build a strong lead into the run. Unfortunately, that plan went down the drain because my transition was too fast (never thought that would be a bad thing:). I had a “Plan B,” and that was to ride solo on the bike and keep my lead going into the run. Unfortunately, that plan was flushed because the chase pack actually worked hard to catch me. So it turned into a pack of 10 getting off the bike and starting the run…basically my “Plan Y,” a running race for Sara McLarty! But there is no ‘unfortunately’ for this plan because I had a KICK BUTT RUN and finished in 2nd place!! That finish puts me into the lead of the “Haul to the Wall” series…now it comes down to the Westchester race on September 17th where I will work with my teammate Jasmine Oeinck to finish FIRST and SECOND in the series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home