Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blogging from Katie's House

I've been having a great (and busy) time house sitting for my good friend Katie Baker. She's currently in Australia helping Team USA at the Long Distance ITU World Championships. I've been making sure Victor the Cat is well fed and warm during the snow storms that keep hitting COS.
We had a cold (but very fun) night last night celebrating the official end of the '06 Triathlon Season. All my teammates who raced in the New Zealand world cup arrived safe and sound back in COS. What's the first thing we did? We headed out to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner and then to some clubs in downtown for dancing and chatting:). We left the OTC and it was a very pleasant temperature...unfortunately, as we were eating yummy Mexican, someone noticed the SNOW falling outside the window! So the rest of the night we spent as little time outside as possible!
I'm currently sitting at Katie's house, using her computer, waiting for my Walnut-Molasses Pie to finish baking! The day before Timmy O. departed for his last 2 races, I was reading the newspaper and saw a yummy looking recipe for this pie. I showed it to him, he started salivating, so I promised that I would make him a fresh/home-baked pie when he was done racing:) Pretty much, I've just been looking for excuses to cook and bake...I can't eat it all so I have to find friends (and foes) to dump my creations off on!
Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day because it will be the start of my first official ski trip this winter! Sam McGlone and I (and anyone else who wants to join us) are going to drive to the outlet malls in Castle Rock after all morning training. The guys are going to leave later in the day and we are all going to meet near the ski resorts for dinner. Find a cheap hotel for the night, wake up early, and get a full day on the slopes!! The last time I wanted to go ski...I was all by myself, only a few runs were open, and it was yucky weather. This time, I've got company, more runs are open, and the sun might be shinning on Friday:) (keep your fingers crossed for me (and the weather:).
The Pie only needs a few more minutes so I'm going to start packing up my cooking supplies and head back to the OTC for dinner. All the triathletes will be finishing dinner early so that we can fast for 12 hours before a blood draw at 7 am tomorrow. I can't wait to see what my iron level is (and I'm not looking forward to seeing my cholesteral ...I blame it on my family:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home