Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Margalis' Wedding Weekend

I was in FLORIDA all weekend! And I don’t think I had a moment to breathe, never mind finding time to sit down at a computer to check email, blog, or whatever! So now it’s time to catch up with one big long blog about everything!
I flew from COS into O-Town (Orlando for those not familiar:) on Thursday. My mom came to the airport to pick me up…thanks mom! We got back to the house with time to grab some late lunch food, go for a short jog, saddle up the horses, and go on a fun 90 minute ride. This was my first time back on Buddy since he took a month of training classes from a professional horse-trainer…he was fantastic horse! I’ve made a mental note to strengthen my ‘gripper’ muscles in my legs before I go riding again…I’m sick of bouncing around:)!
Friday morning started early with a trip to the Port Orange pool for morning swim practice. Surprising to no one, the pool was a lovely shade of GREEN! But I made myself get in anyways and swim about 4500m with Coach Steve and the masters group. Mom and I stopped on the way home so she could pick up a gift for Beth’s wedding (beautiful wine glasses).
After I dropped Mom off at home, I drove straight to the Grams’ house in Wilber By The Sea to pick up Beth (the Bride), Robert (the Groom), and Ginny and Emily (Beth’s twin sisters) for a yummy lunch of Belgium Waffles at the Dutch Treat Restaurant. Afterwards, I dropped off everyone else and took Beth to our manicure and pedicure appointment at a Spa on the beach. It was a really fun experience to get pampered for an hour and a half and walk out with very pretty nails!
To finish off our “bachelor-ette” day, Beth and I saw Man of the Year with Robin Williams (not the best movie ever) and then headed over to the Chart House to meet everyone for diner. It was a lovely evening with good friends…Paige Kearns (and her boyfriend), Andrew (the Best Man), Billy (Beth’s Brother), Stephanie (Robert’s Sister)…we shared good food and good conversation (all on Mr. Grams’…thanks:)
Saturday morning started with another short jog (all I can do with a bum calf right now) followed by an even longer horse-back ride on Buddy with Mom on Star. I practiced trotting and galloping in one of the big fields down the road…I’m getting the hang of this (Just in time to house-sit for my parents ALL of January!!). After we put the horses away, I helped my parents continue cleaning out my Granny’s house by carrying large items of furniture to the road.
It was a long day…but it was just beginning! Around 4pm, I rushed to shower and change into my “Maid of Honor” dress and drive back to Daytona Beach. I helped calm the nerves of the lovely Bride and get her into her dress (wait ‘til you see photos!!). Then I walked over to the beach with Robert and Andrew and we stood at the palm-tree-arch waiting for Beth to walk down the boardwalk on her father’s arm.
We could not have asked for a more beautiful afternoon on Daytona Beach…the sun was shinning, the sky was blue, the water was teal, the wind was blowing…the ceremony was perfect and I was honored to be a part of such a special day for my Best Friend! Afterwards, I think the photos took longer than the actual ceremony…and then everyone walked down the beach to the reception dinner. Congratulations Beth and Robert Margalis…may you always be happy!
My family drug ourselves home afterwards and straight to sleep. On Sunday morning, I woke up with just enough time to pack my bags, go to the airport, and catch my flight back to COS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home