Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The First Snow!!

It happened last night while I was sleeping…under A LOT of blankets b/c I was freezing…but the cold and rainy weather finally combined to create SNOW FLAKES in Colorado Springs!!
I woke up and looked out the window to see my car under a light dusting of snow…and proceeded to go back to sleep because there was NO way I was going to run a morning track workout with ice and snow on the ground! Well, I should alter that statement because I’m sure that some time this winter I will be running in the snow…I just didn’t want to do it today:)!
Instead, I took my bike downstairs to the basement, set it up on a Computrainer, turned on the TV, and rode for 2 hours! I do not like riding inside…but it’s better than getting wet and freezing outside and then getting sick. I’m a huge fan of biking outside when it’s very cold…but if the roads are really wet it can be dangerous as well as uncomfortable (think about the first part of your body that gets wet on a bike…your behind…BRRRRR!:)After lunch I drove down to The Raven’s Nest Café and enjoyed a warm drink with some friends (Jaz, Jess, and Mike). We just returned to the OTC to get ready for swim practice at 3pm. I’m going to finish this blog, start some loads of laundry, and then head over to the pool.
Timmy looked up the times that the new movie “The Departed” is playing and we’ve got a big group of people who are planning on going to the Tinsel Town movie theater for the 7pm showing. I will post my opinions of the movie later…but it looks exciting and I think it’s gotten fairly good reviews. (At least there are a LOT of good looking men in the movie so if the plot line stinks, I’ll still have something to entertain myself until the movie ends:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home